Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 44: Unexpected Break

Thursday is the night where I have 0 commitments.  About the only day of the week, but even though I didn't have any library work to do, I still managed to skip out on working out.  Steph and I made dinner then had to run to Target to get some things and to Whole Foods to pick up another batch of cookie making supplies.  I brought the cookies into work to see how they were, and they ate them all.  It was a dry run for Friday when we have Lisa's going away party.  I expect some harsh judges of deserts there, so I wanted to make them really delicious.

Unfortunately, I apparently wasn't born with the baking gene, as my first batch I almost forgot an ingredient, and mixed it in too late, causing my cookies to be a little flat, and the second batch seemed to still be gooey, even after an extra few minutes in the oven.  Oh well, it's still sugary, buttery dough, and it tasted fine as batter, so the cookies should be fine.  I guess I'll have to find out on Friday.

Menu:
Breakfast:
Protein shake

Snack:
Cliff Builder's Bar

Lunch:
Tofu migas with beans and tortillias

Snack:
1/4 cup cashews
1 chocolate chip cookie

Dinner:
Grilled asparagus and squash

I attempted eggplant as well, but it ended up too bitter, so I had to throw it out. :-(

Fourthmeal:
protein shake
chocolate chip cookie dough

Since I didn't have very much at dinner, I got hungry when making my cookies, so I treated myself to some shake, along with a generous portion of the cookie dough.  I like to eat when I get upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment