Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 2: Plyometrics

I'm not going to lie.  I was dogging it today, and not like that jacked Russel terrier you see on the right. (By the way, if you are looking for pictures for your blog, don't search the term "dogging it" without safesearch on, gross.)  After waking up about an hour and a half late, working till 7, getting my keggerator set up, and watching a very emotional Grey's Anatomy (Real men cry at TV shows!) I was feeling drained.  Tonight was Plyometrics, which is basically doing a butt load of squat jumps and jumping around.  I got through the warm-up and first 20 minutes ok, but then I found myself only going about half steam through the rest of it.  There were times when I couldn't get 20 seconds of a 30 second set out.  It was terrible.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  Here were my meals for the day:

Breakfast:
Fruit smoothie
1 banana
1 cup berries (blackberries for me since they were on sale)
1 cup soy milk
3/4 cup of ice (eyeballed it)
1 1/2 scoops of protein powder

Blend all ingredients till smooth.

This was f-ing delicious.  I'm not kidding around here, I could drink that stuff every single day.  Simply love smoothies.  I might mix it up with some strawberries tomorrow or the next day...

Morning Snack:
Forgot my Cliff Bar at home, so I had to go to the vending machine, which has Odwalla bars instead.  These are not nearly as good.  Too much fat and carbs, not enough protein, but it's better than a Snickers.

Lunch:
1 oz Cashews
Tofu Stir Fry
1 yellow pepper
1 crown broccoli
1 cup snow peas
16 oz Tofu
equal amounts soy sauce, rice vinegar, and veggie broth

I made this the night before, and just added in whatever looked good in an amount that looked good.  You should have about equal parts tofu and veggie.  I think I threw in a package and a half, but I don't remember exactly.  Just bring some of the soy sauce, vinegar, and broth to a good temp over medium-high heat, this will replace your oil.  You can add in some flavorings, like garlic or scallions, I skipped this because I forgot.  Then just toss in your veggies and tofu and cook till veggies are firm, but not crispy.  Simple, eh?

This was pretty good, but not great.  Needed some more flavoring, have to remember the garlic next time.

Snack
30 pistacios

They're nuts, same as yesterday, but I really like pistachios.

Dinner

Veggie soup
8 oz baked tofu
1 cup rice

Lighter than yesterday, since I didn't have the added veggie, which was a (pardon the colloquialism) godsend, since plyometrics should be done without a huge amount of food in your gut.  The veggie soup was sans protein, so It didn't taste like liquefied ass, which was nice.  Though it still wasn't great.  The recipe was from the P90X guide, but I think I'll go with my own next time, since this wasn't quite on par.  What I usually make is this, but if you nix the oil and use broth for the sauté, and skip the roasted tomatoes you can cut out some of the fat, or leave it in and live a little.

That's it, day 2 complete.  I feel like I dogged it today, but hopefully I can get enough rest for tomorrow's workout, and to actually get up for work on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment