Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 3: Back to Basics

Even though I was so sore from the first day's back and shoulders, today's workout didn't seem as bad, at least once I found my wife's light bands.  The set I bought off the guy had the green P90X bands, which are the strongest they have.  I couldn't do a single rep on certain exercises, but once I found the light bands, I was good to go.  I would recommend getting weights instead though, since my wrists were constantly getting abused by the bottom of the plastic handles.  It was pain, but not the good type.

Waking up the next morning, I had a good, deep burn in my triceps, a good sign that things are working.

My eats for the day:

Breakfast:
Fruit smoothie, just like yesterday.

Lunch (2 parts):
2 cups veggie soup (same batch)
Chef Salad
2 cups romaine or other lettuce
1/2 roma tomato, chopped
1/4 cup hearts of palm
1/2 package tofurkey lunch meat
3 tbsp. low fat dressing (Annie's fat-free balsamic vinagrette)

Had to divide this up today, I ate a late breakfast and snack, and had lunch with some friends at 11:30, so I at my soup then and my chef salad about an hour later.

Snack:
1 oz cashews

Dinner:


Soy scramble with a whole wheat pita
1/2 package soyrizo
8oz firm tofu
handful of mushrooms

Dump all ingredients in a medium-high non-stick skillet and keep the ingredients in motion.  For non-stick skillets, the soyrizo will clump and stick if it's not in motion.  Cook for about 10 minutes, or until everything starts to brown

 

No comments:

Post a Comment