Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 5: Falling Off The Wagon

So I was bad today.  I didn't completely demolish my diet, but I did take a few liberties with my fat intake this day.  Breakfast was fine, with my now favorite shake for breakfast.  Unfortunately, I didn't get out of bed till late, which threw off my entire eating schedule.  So I did breakfast, lunch, snack 1, dinner, snack 2.

Breakfast
Fruit smoothie

Lunch
Black bean soup from Panera
apple

So I definitely blew my carbs for the day here, but at least I skipped the bread bowl, which I normally get and scarf down.  About 50g carbs in this meal, as well as a whopping 1590mg of sodium, more than half my daily amount.  Still, it was low fat, and as far as I can tell from the Panera web site, vegan.  So not a total disaster.

Snack 1
Peanut and chocolate Cliff Bar

In a rush to go get groceries, so I shoved one in my pocket on the way out the door.  It was quite satisfying.


Dinner
Grilled tofu (press small slices with paper towel, brush with BBQ sauce, grill till crispy)
zucchini and potato bake
side salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, and vegan cheese

Here's where it went even further downhill.  First of all, the bake was quite loaded with potatoes, and the recipe calls for a 1/4 cup of olive oil, but at least it's the good type of fat in olive oil, right?  What really sent me plummeting was the dressing on the salad, Annie's Goddess dressing.  Even if you do eat animals, this stuff is amazing.  However, I made the mistake of just pouring it on and not measuring, so I probably had two servings on my small salad, blowing my fat content up to a pretty high level.

All and all, today could have been worse.  If you are complaining that you have too much dressing on your salad, and that your low-fat soup and apple lunch may have been off diet, you're still doing something right.

Workout
The workout for this day was legs and back, which really got my legs sore the next day, but I think I am getting used to all the pull-ups and stuff, because I could actually get my arms up high enough to wash the back of my neck without much stress.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment