Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 6: Final Workout

Day 6 was the last workout day in week 1.  Tomorrow is rest day or stretch X.  I would say I am glad for that, but part of me is getting used to and liking the abuse.  When you feel those muscles burn the next day, you know you're making progress, and that's a good feeling.  Of course, if I worked that hard every day, my body would probably break down like an old Chevy, so it's good that I have a day of rest.

Tonight was Kenpo X, which is basically kickboxing moves.  It is probably my favorite workout so far.  It was challenging, not only on the body, but to keep your mind focused on executing each of the moves correctly.  It's tough to remember even a basic four move combo when you are on your 20th going full blast!  The wife even joined me tonight, so it was a family affair.  We are both terribly beat now, and we'll sleep well tonight, that's for sure.

Menu Day 6:

Breakfast
Protein shake

Snack 1
Chocolate peanut Cliff Bar

Lunch
Tofu stir fry

Snack 2
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner
8oz soy milk
Grilled tofu
Grilled asparagus, squash and zucchini
1 cup brown and wild rice
1/4 cup cashews (right before workout)

Like my post earlier, I don't think I'm getting enough calories, and my veggie intake is a little low.  Tomorrow I'll sneak in a salad with lunch and maybe some veggie soup, or some soy scramble for breakfast.  Who knows?  The possibilities are endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment