Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 14: Back To Work

So it was my first day back to the grind after the four day weekend, which means one thing, getting back in the rhythm of my workout schedule.  It is so much easier to be back on the schedule of work, eat, workout, sleep.  It's so much easier to plan out.

It was a fairly normal day, legs and back today, with ab ripper afterward.  However, I ran out of gas halfway through doing abs.  I just couldn't go on any longer.  It's not like I was in too much pain, but that I didn't have the stamina to make it through.  My diet thus far has been low-carb and high protein, so I think I'm going to switch it up a little in the next few days and get some more carbs in there to help get me through some of these workouts.

I also spent some time making more soup last night.  I tried a tomato basil this time, quadrupling the recipe here for everything except the oil, which I left out of the caramelize step, leading to my tomatoes not caramelizing, but just kind of drying out.  I of course left out the cream and substituted no-chicken broth instead of chicken broth.  No-chicken broth is like vegetable broth, only tastier according to my sister-in-law, so I'll have to give it a shot.  I'll have it for lunch tomorrow, so we'll see how it turned out.



Menu:


Breakfast:
Tofu scramble
cup of soy milk

Snack:
Cliff bar

Lunch:
Vegetable soup
Salad
Veggie burger (no bun, no condiments)

Snack:
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner:
Field Roast sausage with sauerkraut
Grilled asparagus
Grilled zucchini and squash
1 cup brown and wild rice
1 cup soy milk



Dinner was awesome tonight.  I love these field roast sausages, and when you add a little sauerkraut in there, it adds a bit of bite to the sausage which tastes great.  This may be my new favorite main dish, low fat, high protein, and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment