Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 35: The Calm Before The Storm

Tuesday was the last rest day before starting phase 2.  This not only means new workouts, but also a changed diet.  Before my servings looked like this:

Source: Servings

Protein: 7
Vegetables: 4
"Dairy": 3
Fruits: 1
Fats: 1
Carbs: 1

For phase 2 it's:

Protein: 6
Vegetables: 3
"Dairy": 2
Fruits: 1
Fats: 1
Carbs: 3

So it's still high protein, but I actually get to eat some carbs.  I don't much care about dairy, I throw on some Daiya or drink a couple of glasses of soy milk and I'll be fine.  I'm more concerned about the lowered veggies, though this will give me more options for lunch other than soup and salad.  Heck, I may even get to eat beans again.

Since it was a rest day, we decided to also rest from our diet, and we went out to Kerby Lane Cafe.  Here's what I got:


The fried portobello steak was incredible.  Topped with their homemade soysage and vegan gravy, I subbed out the sides to get their home fries and yummy spinach.  That's my wife's pickle on the side there.  We couldn't have gone at a better time, because this was on the Spring seasonal menu which just ended.  I wonder if I could twist their arm to make it just one more time for me.  Of course, I got the immaculate tofu dark chocolate cheesecake for desert, which is my favorite desert in the world last night.  Maybe not P90X diet, but it's tofu, so at least I'm sneaking in some protein.

Menu:

Breakfast:
Tofu scramble
1 cup soy milk

Snack:
Cliff Builder's Bar

Lunch:
Spicy chikn' salad with Amy's Goddess Dressing

Snack:
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner:
Fried portobelo steak 
steamed spinach
home fries
pickle
Tofu dark chocolate cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment