Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 42: Yoga Time

I finally got back to working out on Tuesday with yoga, which felt so good.  I know it's weird, but if I don't work out, I feel really crappy and tired.  Plus I am seeing good progress, so I don't want to mess it up.  Though we did bake cookies, so that might be a roadblock.

Yes, cookies.  They are definitely not on the diet, as cookies are basically butter and sugar i.e. fat and carbs.  I couldn't wait to try out some recipes from my joy of vegan cooking book, so I decided to do a trial run, with the hopes of making some for Lisa's going away on Friday.

I don't know what happened to them, but with every cookie I bake, they all seem to turn out thin and dense.  This applies to non-vegan cookies that I would make.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but they did not turn out nearly as good as the ones in the picture.  Maybe the next batch will be better.

Menu:


Breakfast:
protein shake

I realized that I have bought more fruit than one human being could consume in a week, so I may need to start drinking two a day before all these berries and peaches go bad.

Snack:
Cliff Builder's Bar (what else?)

Lunch:
Vegetable soup
"bologna" sandwich

Snack:
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner:
Homemade black bean burgers
baked beans
grilled corn

My sister-in-law gave us this recipe, which I'll have to put up later, but these burgers were super tasty.  We made and froze them the night before, and they held together very well.  It's always tricky to get a veggie patty to hold it's shape, but the trick is to throw them on frozen, and don't touch them for at least 5 minutes. Let one side get nice and toasty, then flip them.  If you move it before you get some good browning, it will crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment