Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 15: A Long Day

This day was a bit of a struggle for myself.  I was working at the library today after work, so I didn't get home until after 7:30, and on top of that, it was storming outside.  Nothing makes me feel like just crawling under the covers and doing nothing like a thunderstorm.  Alas, it was not to be.  After making dinner, eating, and cleaning up, it was already 9 PM, a great time to just turn in.  Instead of turning in, we turned it up, and busted out a set of Kenpo X.

Fortunately, this is a light day of workout.  Just one hour of calisthenics, and even when I bring it with full force, I don't seem to feel as tired afterward as I do with legs and arm workouts.  So it was a good day for kickboxing.  After peeling ourselves up and showering, it was bedtime.  Not a bad day, but a busy one.  When you go from waking up, to eating, to work, to more work, to making dinner, to working out, to bed, it makes for a long day.  There was a bright spot.  I found that REI sells Cliff Builder's Bars, and if you buy 12 or more, they're only $1.68.  Still kind of pricey for my mid-morning snack, but they are so tasty and chock full of protein that I don't mind.

Menu:


Breakfast:
Protein shake (banana and blueberry)
2 soysage patties

Snack:
Cliff Bar (peanut and chocolate)

Lunch:
Tomato soup
"bologna" flatbread

Lunch was really tasty.  Even after subtracting most of the olive oil from the soup recipe, it was still flavorful and filling.  The flatbread I made with some greek style bread that I found has 6g of protein in each piece, a nice little find.  Top that with a half package of "bologna", some tomato, cucumber, and veganaise, and it makes for a tasty sandwich.

Snack 2:
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner:
Tofu stir fry
cup soy milk

No comments:

Post a Comment