Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 29: A New Workout

One of the main reasons that people give up on working out is that it's boring.  You get into a rut, do the same thing over and over again, and don't see results.  After the initial two weeks, we've been doing the same workouts over and over again, and for the first time, we got a new workout tonight, Core Synergistics.  It was a challenge, not so much in the degree of tiredness afterward, but since we have new moves to do, it takes a bit to get into the proper form, so I feel like I didn't get a very good workout tonight, but it was fun rolling around on the floor like I saw in the infomercial.


One thing I've noticed though, is the amount of equipment you really need to get the workout done right.  I went with bands since that appeared to be the only thing beyond the chin-up bar that I needed, but you really do need some free weights to maintain good form on some of the exercises.  I'll have to keep an eye out on craigslist for a set, as I looked at the cool adjustable dumbells at Sports Authority, and they're like 400 bones, a bit pricey for my taste.

Menu:


Breakfast:
Protein shake

Snack:
Cliff Builder's Bar

Lunch:
Orzo with sun dried tomatoes and kale
Salad with tomato and avacado

Snack:
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner:
Field Roast Italian sausage X2
Spaghetti with red sauce
side salad


I have to say, I am totally in love with these Field Roast sausages.  They are flat out the best vegan meat replacement I have had.  They have a wonderful flavor, and are juicy and moist.  On top of that, they're chock full of protein with very little fat.  If you eat veggie dogs or Boca burgers, just throw them out and get some of these Field Roast sausages.  I'm going to have to get some of their other products too.  I've got a celebration roast in my fridge  right now just begging to be eaten, and that Hazelnut en Croute looks very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment