Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 28: Yoga

The first activity in our "rest" week was an hour and a half of yoga.  You know, before ever doing yoga, I just thought of it as standing around and breathing, not something that could actually get you a workout.  Yoga X has completely changed my mind.  The balancing and the standing may look easy, but I was deceived in the same way that Albert Pujols makes hitting a home run look easy.  Just holding these poses is a challenge that gets my whole body working and the sweat flowing like a river.

It is also a calming experience as well.  After the cool-down period, I generally feel pretty mellow, which is a lot different than after I finish something like plyometrics and am still a bit amped up.  It's good that it calms me, since by the time we were done working out, it was all but time for bed.

Menu:


Breakfast:
Soy scramble with chorizo style seitan (over 50g protein in this meal!)

Snack:
Cliff Builder's Bar

Lunch:
Tofurkey wrap with mustard, tomato and arugala on wheat pita
orzo with sun-dried tomatoes and kale

Snack:
1/2 cup cashews

Dinner:
Mexican-style field roast sausage (spicy and yummy!)
Grilled peppers and mushrooms
Roasted red potatoes with rosemary



I went a little crazy with the carbs today (pita, pasta and potatoes all in one day), but I think I'll survive.  The orzo I used actually had 6g of protein in it, so I'm sneaking in the protein wherever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment