Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 20: Life with One Car

So a couple of months ago, I dinged the door of my car against a yellow Mustang in a Home Depot parking lot. The wind caught the door when I was getting out and I wasn't paying attention.  In those few seconds, I just cost myself a good chunk of money.  Today was finally the day to get the door fixed.  So we dropped the car off at the shop and said goodbye.

Another challenge to getting in a workout is timing.  Sharing a car limits your ability to get from A to B when you choose to do so.  So we tried to plan a bit ahead.  Unfortunately, with working a bit late, and working at the library after that, I didn't get to even start making dinner till 7:45 PM.  After eating dinner, I still had to go to Home Depot and get some PVC to fix the pipe I busted in the yard yesterday when planting our huge flowering bush.  After all of this, I was home at 10PM.  Way past the time that anyone should start working out.  Since it was yoga tonight, and that is a 1 1/2 hour workout, I decided to just cash it in and catch up on my blog posts before bed.  I guess I'll just have to bring it even harder in the coming days to make up for it.

Menu:


Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Snack 1:
Peanut Butter Cliff Builder's Bar

Lunch:
Lasagna
Chef Salad

Snack 2:
1/4 cup cashews

Dinner:
2 apple sage Field Roast sausages with sauerkraut
grilled zucchini and squash
steamed broccoli
roasted red potatoes

I overdid it on dinner.  By the time I got home, I was starving, which is a sure way to overestimate how much you need.  I could have easily done with one sausage and skipped the broccoli, but I couldn't contain myself.  In fact, I ate at a little after 8, and right now, at 10:50, I still feel stuffed, not a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment