Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 33: Father's Day

Sunday was Father's Day, and like all good kids, I gave my dad a call to wish him well.  Unfortunately I was treated less charitably by my dog, who bit my finger when I was feeding her at the park.  I need to treat that little scoundrel some manners.

Other than the dog biting incident, it was a good day.  We spent some time getting some misc groceries, hanging up a dry erase board at home, and doing some laundry.  I felt like it was a very productive day for us, especially since we even crammed in some Core Synergistics, which I like a lot more than I did the first time I did it.  I think with P90X, your first time on one of the workouts is like a "try to survive" mode, and when you do it more and more, you get better at the moves and strengthen the areas that you want to strengthen.  This is definitely true of core, as I was feeling toasty afterward.

Menu:


Breakfast:
Protein shake

Lunch:
Salad bar at Jason's Deli

I asked about their muffelata bread and if it was vegan, because it sounded pretty tasty, but I guess they don't make the bread there like Panera, because they had to look on the nutritional facts, and even then couldn't tell me for sure.  I'll have to call HQ to get a straight answer.

Snack:
Cliff Builder's Bar

Dinner:
Grilled portobello  and asparagus
Apple Sage Field Roast sausage with sauerkraut
Bread with Texas Tea jam
Mango
2 peaches

The Texas Tea jam that we got from the farmer's market was really good.  It had almost an apple-buttery like flavor, but sweeter.  Steph didn't like it, but it was great on her homemade bread.  A great desert in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment