Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 22: Seriously?! That Thing is Huge!

Since we had two days of rest, it was a pretty good day to get down to business and do some yoga.  Our schedule wasn't quite as busy today, just work, library, dinner, then workout.  No digging up crazy broken pipes in the ground or planitng gardens, just a straightforward day.  It was a nice change of pace for us.  The only thing unusual about today was my wife's trip to GNC to get some protein powder.  I was going to get the chocolate soy powder this time, but she was nice enough to go get it for me from the store.  When she got back, I saw this on the counter:


Holy moly!  That's a huge container of protein powder.  It makes me look like I'm training for the Mr. Universe contest or something.  The one I had before was a small container that fit nicely in my cubbord, the new container's like the previous one's big brother packed with enough steroids to kill a large horse.  Seriously, this thing contains 1.275 kg of protein.  That's more protein than some animals have in their whole bodies..  I guess it's a good thing, since it will last till the end of my training, but damn that thing is huge.  (That's what she said.)

I guess there was one lowlight of the night.  My wife was cleaning out the freezer and put a tub of homemade vanilla ice cream on the counter for me to empty out and wash.  The call of it was too much for me to resist, and I rationalized it to myself that it would be even worse to throw away perfectly good and delicious food, so I chowed down on it.  Tasty, but I didn't need the additional fat right before the workout.  On a side note, I wonder if I could make vegan ice cream some time.  Damn, they've thought of everything.

Menu:

Breakfast:
Protein shake (Natch, going to be drinking a lot of these for a while.)

Snack:
Cliff Builder's Bar

Lunch:
Vegan Lasagna
Side salad

Snack 2:
30 pistachios

Dinner:
3 veggie dogs
sauteed spinach
roasted red potatoes
3 small peaches

An odd dinner, but it was leftover night and I didn't want to have lasagna three times in a row (lunch, dinner, lunch), so I had to get creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment